Translate to multiple languages

Subscribe to my Email updates

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=helgeScherlundelearning
Enjoy what you've read, make sure you subscribe to my Email Updates

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Flipping Class by Nancy Parker

Today I have Nancy Parker as guest blogger. Please be sure to check out her unique guest post. Guest posts are always welcome, please contact me.

I ran across this cool infographic the other day and was really inspired by the idea. I mean, that is what technology integration in the classroom is really all about, right? Being inspired to teach and learn in different ways. The idea of moving the lectures online and letting the teacher help with concept application sounds like a good one to me.

I mean, you do the same lecture a thousand times anyway. Why not just record it and show it online, letting students ask questions and pause as they watch? Not only does the teacher get a break, but the students can listen to parts they didn’t get over again and really get a grasp of the subject at their own pace.
Afterwards, in the actually classroom, you can help students with real questions instead of just the basics. Once they get to the actual application, they will have better, more relevant questions to ask you anyway. This sounds like a big step up from the ‘can you please repeat that’ and ‘I don’t get it’ of yesterday.
A flipped classroom sounds like an interesting and possibly fruitful experiment. I would be interested in hearing if this works in another real life classroom and what the students and teachers think about it! I think it would work very well in the younger grades too. 
Nancy Parker was a professional nanny and she loves to write about wide range of subjects like health, Parenting, Child Care, and Babysitting, find a nanny tips etc.
She can be reached at her email.

Many thanks to Nancy.
Enjoy your reading!